Help Harvey Victims
Here are some links and opportunities to help serve or donate money and goods around the Austin and Houston areas. If you have other helpful information, please let us know and we will update this page. Keep praying, and serve or give however you are able!
The Lord hears the prayers of his people, and he responds in power and grace. Please pray for those affected by this devastating storm. Pray individually, pray with your Community Group, and pray with friends.
- Pray for God to protect and save lives and deliver those in need
- Pray for first-responders and other rescue teams to effectively find and save those who are trapped or stranded due to flooding
- Pray for local churches to have wisdom and courage in loving and serving their neighbors physically, spiritually, and emotionally
SIGN UP TO HOST EVACUEES
If you are willing to host refugees, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line "Host Refugees" and include how many people you can host and for how long. If we encounter those in need, we will contact you about it.
Sign up to offer your home for free with AirBnB through a special program they have setup to help evacuees that are in need.
SERVE OR VOLUNTEER IN AUSTIN/HOUSTON
- Volunteer at shelters
- ADRN Community Volunteer
- All Hands Volunteers (in Houston)
- Volunteer Houston
- Foster pets or volunteer with Austin Pets Alive
- Text AUSTINRELIEF to 444999 to donate to ADRN
- Text HARVEY to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross
ONLINE GIVING LINKS
"RESCUE HOUSTON" GROUP AND MAP
If you have a high-powered boat and life jackets, are trauma/First Aid/CPR trained, and willing to bring people to shelter, try connecting with this Facebook group to help Houstonians that are in trouble, as well as this Google Map with victims in need of rescue.
You can also bring donations to the ADRN at the Hope Family Thrift Store (1122 E 51st Street, Austin 78723), Monday through Saturday, 10am-5pm. Here is the list of what is needed:
- New undergarments (all sizes, children and adult)
- New socks (all sizes, children and adult)
- Toiletries (ie: shampoo, facewash, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- New bed pillows
- New blankets
- Cleanup supplies
- Black trash bags
- Mops and buckets
- Utility knives
- Leather work gloves
- Inflatable mattresses
- Hand sanitizer
- Box fans
- Clothing is not needed (ADRN will distribute the abundance of previously-donated clothing to survivors)
More in Blog
May 25, 2018Parenting According to Proverbs
March 5, 2018Tithe, support a missionary, give to those in need
February 28, 2018What is the doctrine of the “Perseverance of the Saints?”